Sweet Espresso PopcornIn Ethiopia, popcorn is a traditional accompaniment for coffee. There is something utterly enjoyable in the combination of soft popcorn and freshly brewed coffee. The splash of aroma and flavor makes for a satisfying and memorable coffee break. And since popcorn and coffee are both good for you, there is no harm in embracing this delicious tradition. We confess that we have a sweet tooth. We bet we are not alone. Here is a sweet variation for a tasty coffee ceremony of your own. INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup strong brewed Organic Espresso Roast
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBSP finely ground Organic Espresso Roast
- 4 cups of your favorite plain popcorn
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the liquid coffee, butter and brown sugar. Cook and stir until thoroughly warmed and smooth.
- Add the ground coffee. Mix well and pour over the popcorn in a large bowl. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Break up and serve, with your favorite Brown & Jenkins coffee of course.