Lemon Ginger Shrimp with Coffee RubCoffee has always been an ideal companion to fruit. It is an especially fitting companion to lemon. It infuses even the simplest of dishes with exotic aroma and distinction. Lemon and herbs are among the most versatile ingredients you can use in recipes, and if lemon adds zest, then ginger adds life. Citrus Herb Coffee Rubs give this easy to prepare shrimp dish a perfect balance of flavors. Serve Lemon and Ginger Shrimp with Basmati rice and a side of mixed vegetables. Your guests and family will be delighted, and if you dine alone, this beautiful and aromatic dish will feel like an extravagant reward. Preparing it is half the delight. Makes 4 Servings.INGREDIENTS
- 2 LBS of fresh raw shrimp
- Citrus Herb Buzz Rubs
- 2 TBSP butter, unsalted
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1/2 TSP ground or fresh ginger
- 1/4 TSP ground nutmeg
- 1/2 TSP ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP minced lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brewed Single Origin Coffee of choice
- 1 TBSP lightly packed brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle the shrimp generously on both sides with Citrus Herb Buzz Rubs and set aside. In a large skillet, melt the butter.
- Stir in shallots, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon. Cook over medium-low heat to soften shallots, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, coffee and shrimp. Increase the heat and sauté until shrimp are barely cooked. Note: If the liquid is not reduced to 1 or 2 TBSP, remove the shrimp and cook the liquid down.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and sprinkle brown sugar.
- Sauté until sugar glazes the shrimp.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately over Basmati rice.