Coffee Chocolate Chip CookiesA gourmet is defined as a person who cultivates a discriminating palate for the enjoyment of good food and drink. Chocolate chip cookies appeal to the most discriminating palate as an afternoon treat to accompany a cup of tea or coffee. The recipe that follows is a slight variation on the theme, adding coffee grounds for a bit of texture and a lot of taste. If you are thinking of making a gift of cookies on a special occasion, these cookies are sure to make a great impression. INGREDIENTS (for 2 dozen cookies)
- 1 1/8 cup bread flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted softened butter
- 1/3 cup Tanzanian Peaberry Coffee grounds, fine.
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
For a gift, allow to cool completely and stack in a large jar or simply tie a stack of cookies with a ribbon.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine flour and chocolate chips in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine butter, coffee grounds and sugar. Add egg. Mix well.
- Scoop dough onto ungreased cookie sheets with a 1 tbsp scoop. 12 cookies per sheet.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10 to 12 minutes or the edges appear set but the middle is still soft. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.